About GOLDEN STATE GYMNASTICS
Golden State Gymnastics has a legacy of helping athletes achieve excellence in both recreational and competitive gymnastics since 1973. Originally founded as Verdugo Gymnastics in Glendale, California, the program moved to Burbank in 1995 and became Golden State Gymnastics. As a non-profit organization, our purpose is to foster national and international amateur gymnastics competition and to promote the sport of gymnastics by providing instruction as a service to the public.
$14.00 - $25.00 Hourly, Part-Time, Non-Exempt, compensation commensurate with education, skills, and experience
About the JOB
We are seeking part-time Team Coaches to coach girls Level 5+. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the team coach is responsible for the delivery of high-quality progressive gymnastics coaching. The coach will be passionate about training and developing great athletes and will have strong technical skills in the appropriate levels and programs. In addition to fostering a positive coaching style that builds gymnast confidence, the coach will be a proven planner, actively creating and maintaining team lesson plans and charting development.
- You have strong communication skills and can communicate proper techniques, strategies, and rules of the sport effectively enough that every gymnast in your group understands.
- You are dedicated to the sport of gymnastics, will attend daily practices and assist gymnasts in improving their skills and physical conditioning.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to foster positive professional relationships with your current gymnasts and recruit new gymnasts.
- You demonstrate leadership skills and can motivate and inspire young gymnasts to perform at their best.
- You are flexible with your time and available to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
About THE BENEFITS
We believe that our success in fulfilling our mission lies with the quality and commitment of our staff. Therefore, in addition to offering a work experience filled with meaning and purpose, we offer many valuable benefits to our employees, including medical benefits (full-time employees), retirement savings plan, educational assistance plan that reimburses you for school registration, tuition, and even textbooks, 50% off GSG tuition for your children, paid vacation (full-time employees), paid sick leave, paid time off, and even professional development opportunities.
- Minimum one (1) year previous team coaching experience
- Able to work in a cohesive “team” coaching environment with respect and collaboration with all coaches
- Willing to learn as well as teach new coaching and training techniques.
- Able to exercise safety and precaution at all times, reporting all accidents and injuries
- Must be USAG Safety Trained and certified, background checked, Livescan fingerprinted, trained in First Aid and CPR, and meet minimum USAG coaching certification requirements (within 30 days of employment)