Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Reports to: Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager
Summary of Position: The Front Desk Supervisor supervises all front desk employees to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction. Essential duties include but are not limited to: ensuring proper completion of all duties of the front desk staff, directing and coordinating the reservations and guest services activities and responding in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Manage the selection, training and retention of front desk employees.
- Create schedules of the front desk staff and supervise workload during shifts.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front desk employee, ensuring all policies, procedures and best-practices are being followed with the highest efficiency, level of service and guest satisfaction.
- Complete a daily review of guest feedback, reviews and logbooks and respond efficiently and appropriately by using a proactive and solution-oriented approach and taking corrective action if needed.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Update group information by maintaining, monitoring and preparing group requirements and relays information to the appropriate personnel.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit card policies.
- Establish standards for employee accountability and process for feedback, coaching and mentoring for staff and contact Human Resources as needed for support.
- Wear the proper uniform at all times and require all front desk employees to adhere to dress code and appearance standards at all times.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing daily the hotel rates and available data.
- Collaborate with the Housekeeping, Sales, Accounting and Maintenance departments to ensure coordination of hotel activities.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages and packages/mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly and courteous to all guests, colleagues and members of our community.
- Monitor and manage all VIP and special guest requests.
- Answer guest questions about services, checkout times, the local community or other matters of public interest.
- Take responsibility in the absence of the Front Office Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by the Front Office Manager.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a Front Desk Agent
- Must be highly motivated, solution-oriented, with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Must have a passion for genuine hospitality and a sincere desire to create cherished memories for our guests.
- Exceptional customer service skills required with an ability to handle oneself under pressure.
- Be proficient with property management systems to be able to check in, check out, make reservations, run daily reports and plan room assignments.
- Excellent computer skills and strong understanding of accounting procedures are a must.
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills are required.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays depending upon occupancy and time of year.
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom-line oriented.
- A professional appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained at all times.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours).
- Knowledge of Southern Oregon and surrounding areas is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.