Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Director of Assisted Living at our Village of River Oaks location an Independent and Assisted Living with Memory Care senior living community.
The Director of Assisted Living provides leadership for resident care in the community by directing administration of all services provided in assisted living community, as applicable by State law, to promote the health and wellness of the resident population. Responsible for overseeing operations of Assisted Living and Memory care directing the service concerns of each Assisted Living Resident including; assisting with all resident onboarding including helping marketing with tours, conducting all lease signings and resident/family orientation, assisted nursing with resident evaluations when needing, and ensuring that all resident activities of daily living and personal care needs are met. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes. Abides by and upholds company core values.
- Ensure that Nursing leadership is providing good clinical care through the direct application of the assisted living processes; perform and document resident assessments timely and that Individualized Service Plans are complete.
- Investigate and resolve resident and family concerns and complaints.
- Participate in clinical quality and process improvement initiatives with nurse leadership within the assisted living community to mitigate risk and improve resident care outcomes.
- Recruit, hire and train Assisted Living and Memory care team members and is responsible for performance management, evaluation and engagement.
- Scheduling, and training of personnel and ensures managers are familiar with and adhere to state regulatory standards.
- Maintains high staff morale and fosters a supportive work environment.
- Respond to concerns of residents, families and visitors by providing immediate and courteous assistance.
- Gather all move in documentation including medical and contact information for all new residents.
- Conduct all resident lease signings and new resident orientation to ensure a smooth move in transition for residents and family
- Responsible for overall safety of residents and the Community.
- Provides superior customer service preserving Resident Retention.
- Collaborate with Sales partners to determine community capability and assess potential residents’ appropriateness for move-in.
- Assist with transfers and move-outs.
- Track, trend and report clinical quality data to identify risk.
- Oversee incident report follow-up investigation and ensure completion of resident status documentation.
- Ensure that nursing is maintaining accurate resident charts and state required documentation and is prepared for state survey and health inspections at all times.
- Communicate directly with other disciplines involved in patient care on a regular basis, including weekends.
- Complete all assigned duties that may change from time-to-time according to resident needs, staffing levels, and working circumstances.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty (MOD) rotation.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3-5 years of related experience, preferably in an assisted living setting as Al/MC Director.
Preferred graduate of an accredited university with a degree in health care related filed
Experience in geriatric nursing, emergency care, first-aid preferred
If licensed or certified, must maintain valid Continuing Education credits as required by the State.
Valid Driver’s License and clear driving record that meets the requirements of our insurance carrier.
Skill, Qualities and Characteristics:
Computer proficiency with electronic medical records, the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn new applications.
Excellent communication and customer service skills.
Demonstrate competence in oral and written communication
Must be organized, attentive to detail, and possess a positive, friendly and professional demeanor
Must be flexible with changing priorities and able to communicate in a diplomatic and professional manner
Must be flexible in the hours, shifts and days available to work
Pre-employment background check and drug screen required.
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.