Seasonal Role in Brookshire, TX - Facilitates and supervises all programs and activities in the Core Program areas during summer session including education, athletics, arts & crafts, technology and games room.
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success are implemented while promoting the safety of members and quality of programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a range of non-competitive programs and activities for drop-in members and visitors daily.
- Promoting and stimulating program participation.
- Identifying opportunities for implementing new programs to benefit club members.
- Recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members.
- Ensure a productive environment, maintaining an inventory of all program equipment and supplies in good order.
- Recommend supplies needed for the assigned area.
- Engage parents regarding opportunities and expectations of club members, as well as general club participation.
- Work with staff on special events and facilitate programs in any department when needed.
- Complete any required or mandated trainings and/or professional development
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with eternal community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 6 months to two years’ experience working with youth and families required.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), preferred.
- Must be able to interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc programs, and philosophy.
- Valid Texas driver’s license preferred.
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled