The Pizza Chef position
provides a pleasurable dining experience by preparing pizzas based on both
traditional and modern recipes. Pizza Chefs prepare items according to menu,
follow establishment recipes, and produce pizzas in a timely manner. Duties
include preparing and checking toppings for freshness as well as handling dough,
arranging and garnishing pizzas. Pizza Chefs will ensure proper cleaning and maintenance
of kitchen equipment while following all food health and safety protocols. Previous experience with both hot and cold
food preparation and as a Pizza Chef or similar role preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF
THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Setting up, cleaning,
and organizing work stations
- Preparing and inspecting
ingredients, utensils, and equipment for shift
- Taking orders from
waitstaff and computerized system
- Cooking according to
food health and safety standards
- Handling multiple pizza
orders at one time and monitoring multiple orders as new ones arrive.
- Ensuring each pizza is
prepared with the correct specifications and toppings.
- Delivering pizzas to waitstaff
in a timely manner.
- Storing pizza toppings
and dough properly, sanitizing and cleaning all work stations, utensils, and equipment.
- Assisting other line
cooks or helping other team members when needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced
- Ability to multitask,
prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for
an entire shift
- Work well as part of a team and
- Ability to memorize menu, remember
complex and multiple orders and follow recipes
- Familiarity with kitchen equipment
and appliances, especially pizza ovens
- Strong working knowledge of
food preparation techniques and handling and baking pizza dough
- Can bend, move, twist, and lift
a minimum of 25 pounds, such as bulky boxes or containers of food and
- Minimum of 1 year in hot and
cold food preparation preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
in similar food service or Pizzeria positions preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written
- High school diploma or general
education degree (GED)
- Culinary schooling preferred
and considered a plus
- Food safety training considered
WORK ENVIRONMENT &
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential job functions.
- Fast paced, high volume, high
- Hours may be part-time (less
than 30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours
per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include
days, nights, weekends and holidays