Job Title: Vehicle Installation Technician
Location: Jessup, MD
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Temp to Hire
Our client is seeking individuals who have worked in and around vehicles doing electronic upgrades and retrofits to include LED lighting, media/video systems, technology add-ons, and custom installations. These skilled technicians will be installing aftermarket equipment into all types of public safety vehicles.
Job duties will include:
- Install vehicle equipment and/or perform diagnostics/repairs to equipment in the shop or at the customer location.
- Follow wiring diagrams and assembly instructions for light bars, in-car video, computer systems canine units and other electronic equipment.
- Conduct basic programming of installed equipment, test its full functionality and perform troubleshooting when needed.
- Demonstrate product and installation to customers to ensure the proper placement and programming of the equipment on their vehicles as needed.
- Work with Sales team and management to ensure that customer is being quoted all needed parts and labor.
- Keep up to date on latest installation /service bulletins
- Maintain an orderly and clean working environment, keeping the shop organized
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of work experience after-market vehicle enhancement and installation
- Intermediate knowledge of automotive electrical systems & vehicle wiring
- Must have a valid drivers license with a clean driving history
- Ability to operate power tools and hand tools (drill, wrench, screwdriver, wire strippers etc.)
- Have your own tools -
- Experience with Law Enforcement or Fire/EMS preferred
- EVT Certification preferred. If no, willingness to work toward certification.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.