Mountain Air Country Club located a mile in elevation in
beautiful Burnsville North Carolina is interviewing for Bartender positions for
the upcoming season. Employment will begin by the first of June.
Phone interviews will start immediately, with in person interviews to
follow. Most positions will be part-time (available 28 – 40 hours per
week). Meals and uniforms provided. End of season bonus as well as
housing available. Shifts are available Monday through Sunday as follows: 7
am-2 pm; 10 am-4 pm; and 4 pm-11 pm. To apply go to https://mountainair.easyapply.co.
Mountain Air Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bartender (Seasonal May/October)
Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Job Tasks (Duties)
- Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available.
- Requests additional supplies as necessary.
- Follows set-up procedures.
- Prepares garnishes, mixes, and pre-mixed drinks.
- Greets members and guests.
- Mixes, prepares and serves drinks according to the recipes approved by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Collects checks/payment for drinks served.
- Reports complaints to a manager as soon as they occur.
- Maintains and cleans bar area, equipment, and beverage storage rooms.
- Maintains records of liquors, beers, wine, tobacco, and sundries to ensure par stock is maintained at all times.
- Maintains daily inventory and records indicating drinks in the greatest demand.
- Cleans and lock-ups according to prescribed procedures.
- Attends staff meetings as required.
- Responsible for taking care of opening, running, and closing sidewalk.
- Helps to ensure that we are providing responsible alcohol service to all of our members and guests.
- Works with the management team to create and roll out new beverage programs.
- Be knowledgeable about Mountain Air, including its history and culture.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must be well groomed, dependable, mature, and possess good verbal communication skills. A “great” friendly, service attitude is mandatory for the position as well as an eagerness to learn. The individual should possess good time management and organizational skills, and be in good physical condition. The individual must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 35 lbs with no physical hardship. Availability on holidays and weekends are required. Bartenders must be above the age of 21 due to NC ABC Laws & Restrictions.
Previous food and beverage experience, including knowledge of liquor, beer, and wine.