The Store Manager is responsible for managing sales, service, training of employees, merchandise and inventory in the store. The Store Manager will maintain company standards and procedures and ensure high productivity and sales in the store.
- Assign duties to staff based on their areas of expertise, to ensure that they make use of their knowledge to render best services in the store by coaching and managing their teams in sales and service tasks
- Create a work schedule for staff to follow, seeing to it that they adhere strictly to their shifts and execute disciplinary actions to members of staff who are absent on their shifts and duty posts, to promote seriousness among staff
- Train and develop employees in all aspects of the operation. This includes tasks as varied as cleaning the store, stocking and merchandising, sales and service, cash register operation, record-keeping and department-specific tasks.
- Increase sales by carrying out market surveys, researching consumer needs, to identify products that are high in demand, and make them available in the store to customers who are likely to purchase them
- Visit competing stores to get information relating to products, styles, prices, and services, and implementation details of useful findings in the store to improve the quality of service delivery
- Increase sales by embarking on sales promotions, showcasing products to customers at good rates to make them aware of all products available, and entice them to buy more while promotions last. The store manager must also promote sales of new products by outlining their uses and benefits to customers and putting them at discount prices
- Handle customer complaints and returns in a cordial manner, creating mutual benefits for both the store and customers, and implement customer suggestions on how to render better services in the store
- Answer customers’ questions about products and supervise the loading of products bought
- Maintain good hygiene by ensuring that the store is constantly cleaned by workers designated to the task, putting away dirt
- Create a safe atmosphere by implementing safety measures for the protection of workers and customers and handle emergencies promptly to prevent loss of lives and properties.
FRES - Fresh Plus Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled