Aquatics Assistant, Polk County
· Aquatics Assistant candidates must be 21 years old.
· Must have all necessary Red Cross Aquatic Certifications or be willing to obtain these certifications. Including but not limited to: Blood borne Pathogens, Lifeguard and Professional Rescuer/CPR/FIRST AID/AED/O2, YSL v6 Swim Lesson Instructor.
· Must have good interpersonal relationship skills.
· Must be initiative-taking and be able to work as part of a team.
· Must believe in the mission of the YMCA and be able to exhibit the mission statement in both personal and professional life.
· Know and follow the YMCA mission statement. “To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.”
· Know and model the four Core Values of the YMCA: Caring, Responsibility, Respect, Honesty.
· Exemplify the YMCA Cause-Our Mission in Action by showing up to work: Welcoming, Genuine Hopeful, Nurturing and Determined.
· Extend courtesy and respect to all members and guests of the YMCA.
· Complete all pertinent YMCA trainings associated with the position, as outlined by the Aquatics Director within 30 days of employment.
· Maintain a cheerful outlook about the YMCA both on and off the premises.
· Assist with ensuring all YMCA Aquatics staff are trained to meet the expectations and requirements of their job description.
· Assist in ensuring program quality expectations are met in Aquatics.
· Must be computer proficient using Microsoft Office software programs and previous experience with database software programs.
· Engage in positive public relations with participants.
· Attend all trainings, staff meetings
· Document all accidents/incidents on proper form and report to supervisor immediately.
· Perform all maintenance as assigned.
· Perform other duties at the request of the Aquatics Director as related to the Aquatics Coordinator position.
· Assists the Director in the planning and execution of high-quality programs to meet community needs through innovative program development, evaluations, and ongoing training of Staff.
· Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
· Ensures staff completes all trainings.