Millwright Apprentice (Level 3)
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource
management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and
institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of
waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether
you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way
– as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From
tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
What will you do?
- Be knowledgeable and practice safe procedures with respect to LOTO, fall arrest, hot work permits and confined space;
- Always wear the appropriate PPE;
- Be aware and alert of all plant moving equipment, belts, bearings, conveyors and take 5050-preventative measures to minimize plant downtime;
- Perform different jobs as assigned by supervisor or Manager;
- Assist in the design, implement and monitor preventative maintenance programs for all plant, facility and rolling stock (excavator, skid steer, forklift, etc.) and ensure that they are consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly checklists in order to ensure adherence to preventative maintenance programs;
- Plans and adheres to work schedule consistent with the needs of the plant and maintenance programs;
- Maintain proper log books of all maintenance activities;
- Assist in managing inventory levels of critical replacement parts (internally & externally) in the most cost effective and efficient manner;
- Participate in Health & Safety initiatives of the plant;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management;
- Working hours: 8-10 hour shift rotations and weekends/holidays as required.
What will you bring?
- Millwright Apprentice who completed his/her Level 3 training and studies under the Millwright Apprenticeship Program
- Must have excellent welding and fabrication skills;
- Technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same;
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
What do we offer?
- Competitive base hourly rate and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position