Do you want to make a difference in someone's life? Compassionate and devoted individuals have the opportunity to begin careers as Direct Support Professionals (DSP) with Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana, an established and recognized faith-based social service organization. Our Direct Support Professionals work with individuals with disabilities to enhance their well-being and independent living skills. Our Direct Support Professionals are the heart of our success!!
We currently have openings for variable shifts including overnight, weekends, days, and evenings, assisting individual consumers in their homes.
Using a team approach, the Direct Support Professional will work to enhance the quality of life, health, welfare, and safety of persons served by:
- Ensuring individuals are treated with respect.
- Supporting Volunteers of America mission, vision, and core values while empowering each person to direct their own life choices.
- Providing assistance in the area of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing, ambulation, toileting, food preparation, laundry, various household chores, shopping, job support, and transportation.
- Assisting individuals with fiscal management to safeguard their funds. This may include, but not limited to completing ledgers, balancing accounts, and encouraging good spending choices.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the individuals' service plan, which includes the consumer personal goals, desires, and challenges.
Great communication skills are a must! The Direct Support Professional will be expected to:
- Demonstrate empathy and professionalism towards people with disabilities.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Maintain open communication and cooperative work effort with supervisors to ensure quality support to consumers served.
- Write and submit legible progress reports daily and incident reports as needed.
Apply today if you possess the following:
- At least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred.
- Valid Louisiana driver's license, reliable transportation, and current motor vehicle insurance.
- Smart device and data plan
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled