Are you looking for a challenge? Do
you enjoy helping people? Does “inspiring a better quality of life in
our communities” resonate with your values?
statements connect with who you are, then Kin's Farm Market may
be the perfect fit for you. Our Richmond,
BC support centre location is currently looking for an Accountant to join our team!
Kin's Farm Market’s success depends
on the knowledge, experience, and motivation of the people who work for us.
This is why having an awesome accounting team is invaluable to delivering
"freshness" to our customers and in turn serving the community. Reporting to the Controller, we are looking for a great team player who will be responsible for full cycle accounting duties, preparing financial statements, recording transactions effectively and efficiently, and supporting the day-to-day Accounting functions.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconciling stores A/P with intercom and stores debit/credit cards statement.
- Responding the stores questions regarding report cards and store Financial Statements.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger information, fixed assets schedule, filing taxes.
- Preparing, recording month-end journal entries, forecasts, financial statements, and management reports.
- Creating the reports of weekly Store Sales report, monthly F/S and report cards, monthly AP (inter-com) reconciliation report, quarterly F/S and annual F/S.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly bonus report for both corporate stores and licensee stores.
- Recording year-end adjustments, preparing working papers for year-end audit purpose.
- Engaging the implementation process of Great Plains project.
- Maintaining good records keeping and good filing system.
- Updating, filing Fixed Asset Schedule and backup documents, Tax remittances.
- This position requires a minimum of two years of related work experience in accounting.
- Strong level of oral English language proficiency; ability to speak Cantonese would be an asset.
- Fast learner and adaptable.
- Supervisory experience of a team is an asset.
- Have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or a related field.
- CPA designation is an asset.
- Intermediate level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate active time management ensuring effective planning and scheduling of work in accordance to priority and availability of resources.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills, able to provide support to other teams, projects, and events as and when required.
We offer a competitive wage, career advancement opportunities, vacation pay, and employee discounts and perks!
A career with Kin’s means working in a fun and friendly team-oriented atmosphere.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Only those interested and qualified will be contacted.