ReFuse Dock Worker (New Pay rate and Benefits!!)
reFUSE is leading the way in zero waste full-service organics recovery on Vancouver Island and aims to cut down on landfill visits, preserve resources, and contribute to the biological and natural decomposition of organic materials. We are a full-service resource recovery firm that works with the community and are equipped to handle the collection and proper disposal of hard to recycle items, cardboard, plastic film, Styrofoam, compost, yard and garden waste, and mixed recycling.
We are part of the Emterra Group with a great focus on growth, diversity, and safety. Our organisation has been deemed an "essential service" by providing collection and processing of organics and recycling that keeps our communities clean and safe. Customer service and safety are our top priorities at Emterra, and we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing business and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognised as one of Canada’s greenest employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE), and WEConnect International
Would you like to contribute to less waste heading to the landfill and a reduction in carbon footprint?
If so, apply now to be a reFUSE Dock Worker!
• Work closely with Lead Hand-Organics in wash dock duties
• Responsible for processing organics, washing, sanitizing, and organizing recycling totes
• Support recycling program for industrial, commercial, and institutional customers
• Maintain a clean work environment on the dock with proper handling techniques
• Support Drivers and assist with loading and unloading when required
• Perform sundry duties as assigned by your supervisor
• Adhere to Company policy and procedure
• Ability to establish effective professional relationships with co-workers
• Warehouse and/or wash system experience would be an asset
• Previous dock or processing experience would be an asset
• Work efficiently with limited supervision
• Self-motivated and safety-minded
• Punctual, reliable, team player
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with reFUSE:
· Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
· Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
· Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
· Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
· Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
· Employee discount programs!
· Be part of an organization that wants you to learn and grow!
· Ability to have impact and make change!
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
reFUSE is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position