Laundry Attendant - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for part-time Laundry Attendants. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
These are permanent and seasonal positions from July 2021-September 2021. This position currently pays $16.00 per hour, with an additional $1 summer incentive for every hour worked, plus discounts on Food & Beverage, Hotel stays, and Marina activities at our sister properties!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
- Maintaining a neatly groomed appearance (uniform clean and name tag on)
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere, as well as independently
- Being able to fully operate laundry machines and understand how they function
- Provide the Housekeeping department with clean linen and cleaning tools, folding all linen to the hotel’s standard
- Keeping work area and machines clean; ensure any machine defects are reported promptly to Manager
- Manually transport and distribute laundry to pre-designated locations
- Handle chemicals in a cautious and responsible manner in compliance with MSDS
- Keep track of damaged/repairable inventory
- Separate all linen/towels accordingly, including any types of stains. Need to be able to sort dirty linen in time for pick up according to the pick-up/delivery schedule provided
- Keep Housekeeping Leadership informed of the need to know, such as: excessive staining, excessive damages, any problems with laundry service and all issues that may affect the laundry function
- Will need to be ab le to provide outstanding customer service to all of our guests
- Take online training as required by Marriott
- Available to work varied shifts: days, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and requirements
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to handle repetitious movement such as pulling, pushing, lifting and bending up to 6 hours a day
- Must have exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work in warm conditions (machinery) and a medium noise level
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.