POSITION SUMMARY: A Host/Hostess presents a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Host/Hostess also greet guests upon arrival, informs guests of their wait time, monitors a waiting list, shows guests to their table and bids guests farewell as they leave. A Host/Hostess must be able to carry natural conversation with guests and present the best first impression of the Company. The goal is to accelerate our business development by providing customers with a memorable experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Greet incoming and departing guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact.
- Inform guests of current promotions & who will be serving them.
- Be alert and observant in the dining room to assist servers by informing them of patron needs.
- Collaborate with servers, food runners, and bar staff to support best in class service.
- Work with complaints or problems with a positive attitude.
- Promote loyalty from customers.
- Maintain a tidy and clean entry and greeting area.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 months in restaurant and/or host related positions preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in customer service preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT & SCHEDULE:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Involves constant public contact
- Hours may be part-time (less than 30 hours per week)
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends and holidays
*Discounted parking vouchers are available for employees to use during work days.