Georgian Bay Fire & Safety Ltd., one of the largest independent Life Safety & Property Protection companies in Canada, is seeking an additional member for our growing team. Our Fire Alarm, Security, Sprinkler, and Electrical professionals are protecting people and property every day. In business since 1969, we are a well-respected organization with a focus on customer service, with offices across the province and a single source approach of having electricians, sprinkler fitters, security technicians and suppression technicians in house. We continue to attract great staff and clients, and that continued growth offers excellent opportunities for our exceptional team.
We are seeking an Account Manager for our Owen Sound territory.
The Account Manager is responsible for generating, cultivating, and qualifying sales leads, creating and presenting proposals, negotiating pricing, and closing sales to attain goals. Post-sale responsibilities include generating applicable documentation and coordinating with internal staff for scheduling and hand off. This key position is expected to create and maintain long-term client relationships.
- Develop and implement a strategic growth plan for Fire Alarm, Sprinkler, Security, Access Control and CCTV solutions.
- Knowledge of and strong networking relationships within the local building market such as building owners, facility managers as well as electrical contractors and electrical distributors is strongly desired.
- Provide timely and effective sales presentations to prospective customers.
- Educate the market and customers on fire service capabilities and identify opportunities to address customer needs with solutions and services.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The ideal candidate for the Sales Account Manager position will have sales experience that includes:
- Demonstrated success cultivating new business and maintaining existing business relationships.
- Strong sales, negotiation and closing skills.
- Motivated, accountable and highly trustworthy
- Driven and independent yet thrives on being part of a strong team
- Exhibits a thorough knowledge of product offerings across the Life Safety Industry
- Proven track record of thorough and accurate proposals that meet client needs and meet company profit and margin targets
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, although candidates with varying degrees will also be considered based on experience. A High School Diploma is a minimum requirement.
- 5 years’ experience in the Life Safety Industry and/or security solutions sales, and business development is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Must be willing & available to travel to customer locations within the assigned Territory.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Georgian Bay offers a competitive compensation and benefits program.
Remuneration is based on level and experience and includes shared medical & dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, business mileage reimbursement, and more.