** All applicants must upload a resume
The LSU Alumni Association is looking for a forward thinking, innovative travel planner able to identify and operate a successful travel program with responsibility for growth, profitability, travel experience and support for the efforts of the LSUAA Traveling Tigers and Alumni Travel programs. The Alumni Engagement and Travel Manager is responsible for coordination and organization of all LSU sports and event ticketing through the Association. This position will also work closely with LSUAA affiliated chapters across the US and the world providing chapter territory support!
The Alumni Engagement and Travel Manager will provide a forward thinking, innovative approach to planning travel to help engage existing travelers and grow a new database of travelers. This position is responsible for growth, profitability, planning and executing events associated with sports travel program including making reservations, planning events, booking entertainment, securing travel and lodging, collecting information from travelers and promoting the Traveling Tigers program.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, communication or related experience in large scale event or travel preferred
- Knowledge/experience related to LSU preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- This position requires frequent travel (that can exceed 50%) and weekend/holiday scheduling and travel.
- Standard business hours plus on-call/after hour and holiday/weekend communication.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institute, alumni, other constituents and the public. Thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Demonstrably strong verbal communication, writing, planning and organizational skills
- Customer/Client Focus. Excels in time and priority management in particular to ensure timely response to inquiries from alumni and other constituents.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Stress Management/Composure and Problem Solving Skills.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build travel programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating and engaging travelers and volunteers.