Junior Telecommunications Labourer – Structured Communications
The Structured Communications division of Frontier Technologies currently has an immediate opening for a
full-time Junior Labourer in Saint John, NB. No prior experience in the field is required! If you a hard
working, team-oriented individual willing to be trained, than this might be the
opportunity you’ve been looking for!
Frontier prides itself on its reputation for superior customer service, a
reputation built and maintained by our Structured Technicians. As a member of
Frontier's Structured Communications team, you will be working closely with our
Senior Field Technicians and will be trained to safely and effectively pull
cable, carry out installation, repair and service of structured wiring systems,
security systems, and wireless infrastructure. This could be an effective stepping stone for those interested in getting into the Telelcommunications or Security Systems Installation industries.
Daily Duties and
- Cutting, labelling, and pulling various types of cable.
- Installation and testing of network cabling including UTP and
- Interpret construction drawings and adhere to BICSI &
- Maintaining assigned tools.
Required Education and
- Completion of secondary school (Grade 12).
- Minimum one year of general labour experience (in the
construction industry would be an asset).
- Previous experience with hand-tools an asset.
Required Skills and
- Strong work ethic.
- Team-oriented individual.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Working at heights and with ladders.
- Excellent people skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures
and voice and data communications applications considered an asset.
- Ability to follow
established policies & procedures with a strong attention to detail.
- A commitment to continued learning and skills development.
- Preference for ‘hands on’ work.
- Potential to work evenings and weekends based on project
- Valid driver’s licence and satisfactory driver’s abstract is
- Must complete a satisfactory Criminal Background Check.
looking for people who are passionate about what they do, who believe in our
core values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
If you have a strong work ethic, rise to the challenge, and are motivated by a
job well done, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for your interest in
Kerr Group of Companies. All qualified applicants will be considered, however,
only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Frontier Technologies is one of Canada’s largest
Telecommunications Support and Workforce Optimization organizations. Since 1997 we have grown to almost 150
employees located in ten offices across the country. We are proud of our reputation
for the highest level of service for our valued customers and the best work
environment for our exceptional employees.
As we continue to grow, our goal is to stay connected to our values and
committed to the same standard of excellence that got us where we are today.
Kerr Group operating companies are Frontier Technologies and Northern Business