In 2023, we changed our name from Anderson Engineering, Inc. to OWN, Inc. to be more reflective of our team and the mindset that makes us go. While the name may be new, the links to the past have led us to what we are today: a community of talented employee-owners driven by mutual success.
OWN, Inc. is an engineering firm that believes in the power of employee-ownership. Our talented team builds futures while helping shape the built environment across the country from our offices in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, and Florida. We serve the Private Development and Public Infrastructure markets with core offerings of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Land Surveying, and Field Services. No matter the project or scope, our clients enjoy problem-solving and service that goes beyond the expected.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer to add to our Monett, MO team.
What you will get to do:
Collaborate with Senior Engineers
Prepare Civil design calculations, construction drawings, specifications, design analysis, construction documents and bid documents
Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, response to requests for information, periodic construction site observation, and occasional project inspections.
Collaborate with designers, and contractors on design and construction of projects
Prepare Engineer Reports & Studies
Work with government funding agencies
Prepare Proposals and Contracts
Prepare Construction Estimates
Commercial Land Development Projects
Provide Water System Hydraulics and Distribution System layouts
Attend & Conduct Client Meetings and Public Hearings
Stormwater Detention & Water Quality Design
Meet with Clients
Public Infrastructure Projects
You will be a good fit if:
B.S. in Civil Engineering
5+ years of civil design experience
Exhibit technical competence in basic engineering design of waterlines, sewer lines, streets, site development, water system hydraulics.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Knowledgeable with current release of AutoCAD software
Basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems
Self-motivated and customer service oriented
Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
When you join us, you can find your own way through:
1. Community. Giving of time, treasures, and talents to fulfill personal passions and show up in your community.
2. Empowerment. Our employees are given full reign and the trust to make decisions in the best interest of their clients and teams.
3. Flexibility. The freedom to be a professional. The freedom to be a person.
4. ESOP. Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is owned 100% by employees â€“ equitably, a fact most employee-owned firms canâ€™t claim.
5. Having fun. Laughing, jokes, high fives, celebrations â€“ we take our work seriously but not ourselves.
6. Teamwork. A sense of belonging, learning from those around you, and feeling like youâ€™re on the winning team.
It is the policy of OWN, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program
OWN, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled