The Lead Cook assists the Department Manager in ensuring the successful operation of in house and exterior deli functions. Works with DM to accomplish the Co+opâ€™s goals for the deli department around the production and safe handling of food, maintaining department cleanliness, and providing excellent customer service to customers/ members, co-workers, and vendors.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the entire department to the co-opâ€™s standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Cooks and prepares food to specifications for consistent quality.
2. Makes improvements in existing recipes, resulting in increased sales, increased margin, or reduced labor costs.
3. Develops new recipes and documents recipe changes.
4. Maintains quick pace, adjusts pace to volume, plans, moves quickly from one task to the next, takes initiative to find projects when tasks are completed.
5. Communicates with co-workers, performs own share of work, and looks for ways to help out others, interacts cooperatively and follows up to ensure communications are understood and gives constructive feedback.
6. Records sales, shrink, transfers, and ensures they are accurate and updated timely.
7. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining Los Alamos Co+op standards, solid product knowledge, explaining store policies and procedures concisely, maintaining an awareness of all promotions and advertisements and all other aspects of customer service.
8. Respond promptly and courteously to all customer questions and complaints and works hard to ensure that the customer feels satisfied after any interactions.
9. Maintain working knowledge of items being carried by the department, anticipating seasonal changes, and being able to comfortably discuss products with customers.
10. Receive product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy and maintains proper and accurate department financials.
11. Stocks, rotates, prepares product according to department procedure, prepare sandwiches/wraps/cold salads, prep work; evaluates product quality and condition throughout the department.
12. Maintain back-stock areas according to departmental standards, separate special orders, updates, and files paperwork.
13. Ensure department sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards are met.
14. Follow all Health Department regulations, monitor department to ensure food safety requirements are adhered to including hand washing, temping, food storage and employee health.
17. Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damages or spoilages.
18. Assist in inventory process and procedures.
20. Ensure products are properly labeled with prices and dates.
21. Keep deli manager informed of any problems and/or ideas.
22. Participate in team, staff, and other meetings as scheduled.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
â€¢ Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
â€¢ Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customersâ€™ needs while following company procedures.
â€¢ Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
â€¢ Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
â€¢ Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
â€¢ Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
â€¢ Resource Management (Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials.
â€¢ Food Handler License required â€“ co-op assistance is available to ensure certification.
â€¢ Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
â€¢ Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
Prior Commercial Baking experience is preferred, but not necessarily required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
Willing to Learn
Ability to provide excellent, professional customer service
Knowledge of proper food handling procedures
Ability to life up to 50 lbs