Sales & Catering Manager
PROPERTY SUMMARY: Inn at the Forks is a luxury boutique property situated at The Forks, Manitoba’s premier tourist destination. The hotel features 116 guestrooms and suites, approximately 8000 sq. ft. of meeting and function space, as well as SMITH Restaurant and The Riverstone Spa.
Responsible for identifying company growth opportunities and working with sales staff to actively solicit clients/accounts to foster this growth. Ensuring any client specifications and expectations are met and any complaints/issues are identified and resolved. Maintains open communications with all departments to improve overall hotel operations. Responsible for responding to inbound inquires and converting to booked business, handling all the client’s needs from start to finish during the process. Lead Salesperson for weddings and social events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. With other duties as may be assigned.
· Solicits and books new business opportunities while maintaining existing business.
· Develops new marketing and selling strategies to secure new accounts that maximize revenues and meet/exceed sales goals.
· Develops and enhances key accounts to maintain and increase market share.
· Coordinates with internal departments to meet specific client requirements while responding to any client issues, comments, and problems promptly and efficiently.
· Participates in trade shows and professional or community organizations to maintain high visibility in the marketplace to achieve sales/revenue goals.
· Entertains and conducts hotel tours for potential clients.
· Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
· Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments to enhance hotel’s financial performance.
· Maintains accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system.
· Develops strong customer relationships through frequent communications and the use of professional, courteous, and ethical interpersonal interaction.
· Conducts research, surveys and studies market place territory in order to effectively capitalize on hotel’s strengths and competitors weaknesses and capabilities.
· Represents the hotel using the highest levels of integrity and professionalism with a service-focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times.
· Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers to ensure the best overall performance on the hotel.
The Sales & Catering Manager’s performance is measured by the effective growth of hotel key accounts and increased market share and client feedback.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Completion of University degree and/or four to five years of related experience
Accomplished computer, marketing, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
Ability to read and write and speak in English, including information that is related to Hotel operations. Ability to read and write correspondence including information that is related to sales, marketing and client specifications. Ability to communicate effectively in order to instruct and troubleshoot.
Ability to carry out basic and sometimes complex numeric calculations on a regular basis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists.
The environment is typical of a normal office and full-service hotel.
Our Sales and Catering Manager is in the sales office primarily but will be required to move around the hotel to interface with clients and other hotel departments.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform in this position include the need to continuously be: alert, precise, resourceful, negotiate, compare, analyze, read, write, concentrate, be persuasive, problem solve, supervise, use memory, creativity, imagination, good judgement, reasoning, initiative, patience, and auditory and visual perception. To frequently solve basic and complex numeric calculations.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position