Intern position for the Fall semester. Performs assigned duties, responsibilities, and studies while participating in a formal credit training program. Becomes familiar with all of the operations and procedures of the credit department. Employed on a part time basis, not to exceed 900 hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Developing credit information for use by senior credit analysts, lending officers, or committees in the making of lending decisions on new, renewal, and extension loans.
2. Investigates all available sources of credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, main office files, and branches.
3. Analyzes financial statements and related material.
4. Prepares summary, presents facts, and occasionally offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness.
5. Providing credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested.
6. Ensures that all credit files are kept current with latest financial statements, agency reports, etc.
7. Contacts all available sources of information.
8. Assembles all pertinent information and reports.
9. Adheres to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• Minimum GPA of 3.00
• Enrolled in a business related major (i.e. accounting, finance, etc.)
• Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled