Cook - Kent Island Resort
$500 Retention Bonus after 90 days
The culture at Kent Island Resort is built on our shared core VIVÃ‚MEE Values â€“ JOY, HUMILITY, & MINISTRY. JOY means that we are a true team that enjoys serving others and winning together. We have a healthy sense of pride in a job well done. HUMILITY means that we recognize the infinite dignity of each other (both team members & guests) and that we seek to be helpful to everyone no matter what is asked. Additionally, we are not afraid to ask for help or admit when we make a mistake. MINISTRY means that we know that our spirit of hospitality can be a true gift for our guests. We realize the purpose of our daily tasks and duties must be to deliver kindness and love, and that this power of intentionality has the capacity to revive the souls of our guests and our team. We hire, fire, reward, and praise our team members based on these characteristics, so it is essential that you share these core values in order to be a part of our wonderful team.
Come join a fun team with an amazing culture while working) in a beautiful environment! Kent Island Resort is a recognized Maryland Historical site and the third oldest English settlement in the United States. The property currently consists of our hotel, a restaurant, kayaking, and several large wedding venues. Today, the Kent Island Resort has recently been acquired by VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality, with plans to offer a complete revitalization to this beautiful 220-acre property.
Perks for being a team member:
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) for Full-time team members
- 401k for Full-time team members
- Discounted merchandise and dining
- Discounts on hotel stays at all VIVÃ‚MEE Hospitality resorts
- Exciting work culture
The role of the Cook is to prepare and serve hot items as instructed and in accordance with standards specified by the restaurant Chef on duty.
The responsibilities of the Cook are:
- Promote and portray the VIVÃ‚MEE Values.
- Know, understand, and adhere to company established policies and procedures.
- Prepare food in a quality and timely manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of stations including all reach-in boxes and kitchen in general.
- Maintain cleanliness of walk-in refrigeration and storage areas.
- Maintain rotation of food in walk-in refrigeration and storage areas.
- Set up workstation in a timely manner and in a way that maximizes efficient service.
- Prepare food served at banquets and other events.
- Provide food input related to specials.
- Assist with prep work.
- To have knowledge of all kitchen workstations.
- At least 1 year of cooking experience in a restaurant
â€œThis is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).â€
Kent Island Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In Compliance with the American with Disabilities Act, Kent may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodation with the employer.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position