Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - PRN
- Reports to the Director of Rehabilitation (DOR) and Supervising Staff Physical Therapist (PT).
- Treats patients as directed by the Physical Therapist.
- Records treatments given in medical record.
- Participates in Daily and Weekly Clinical Case Management Meetings as indicated.
- Communicates with supervisor and other interdisciplinary team members regarding patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates in facility in-service training programs.
- Records daily treatments and labor according to corporate procedure.
- Instructs families and staff in maintenance programs as directed by the Physical Therapist.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department.
- Treatment Encounter Notes must entered daily before the close of business.
- Daily Encounter Record billing must be completed before the close of business.
- Weekly Progress notes must be completed every 7 calendar days or every 5 treatment days.
- Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices):
- Mobility (includes walking, good balance), reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, ability to see and hear, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with patients, family members, personnel, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Current licensure as a Physical Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of current practice.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to patients, patient’s family members, and facility staff.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical exam or drug screen if required.
- Must be capable of performing the Responsibilities of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position