Ensure that all forms are accurate and complete prior to wire transfers being
sent. Maintain a wire log in Excel to track high-risk wires. Maintain accurate
files for daily wire transfers. Verify all outgoing wires for accuracy. Handle
all calls and questions pertaining to wire transfers. Various other reports and
special projects. Makes daily general ledger entries as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
that all forms are accurate and complete prior to wire transfers being
a wire log in Excel to track high-risk wires.
accurate files for daily wire transfers.
all wires for accuracy.
all calls and questions pertaining to wire transfers.
daily calls to customers to verify wires.
other reports and special projects.
daily general ledger entries as needed.
to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
10. Fed Funds Balance - Balance three times daily to keep
our cash position positive and in balance.
11. Correspondent Bank Balance – Balance chase twice daily
and wire funds to account if needed.
12. Borrowings – When in a Fed Funds Purchase position,
borrow funds from FHLB under supervision of Treasury Department Manager or CFO. Complete the borrowings process, wire funds
to FGB or FHLB, depending on decrease or increase, and complete online
transactions. Also may borrow from other
sources if the needed but choose FHLB first due to interest rate. Keep track of number of days in borrowings.
(Completes this duty as authorized by the Investment Banking Resolution. Keep manager informed when borrowings occur).
13. Advances – complete advance through FHLB if in a Fed
Funds Purchase position. This is an alternative to borrowings. Complete the advance, once matured, wire fee
and principal to FHLB and make online transactions. (Completes this duty at the
direction of the CFO as this is a longer term borrowing than standard overnight
14. Letter of Credits - complete request through FHLB
website, wire LOC fee to FHLB, complete online transactions, and set up
amortization for the fee. (Completes this duty at the direction of the CFO).
15. Fed Reserves – pull required reserves from Fed to be
maintained every two weeks.
16. Cash Order/Shipments – Cash Orders and Shipments are
pulled from the Cash Ordering portal on the Intranet and then processed through
17. Correspondent Bank – make daily End of Day Investment
18. BAM – import daily incoming and outgoing wires into
BAM. Correct information on wires that did not import over correctly.
19. Entries – complete the following entries as needed:
Fed Interest/Charges, Chase Charges and Settlement entries, other correspondent
20. Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Great phone etiquette.
- Customer service experience and banking experience required.
- High School Diploma
- One year or more experience in banking
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled