The Landmark Parking Garage Attendant provides exemplary customer service in the performance of transacting parking revenue collections. The cashier is responsible for operating equipment that determines parking fees, collecting customer payments and making the change as required. The cashier is also responsible for completing applicable daily transaction report’s along with and ensuring that transactions are completed with a high level of accuracy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prompt arrival before the start of the scheduled shift.
- Neat and clean appearance, arriving and remaining in full uniform during scheduled shifts.
- Verifying cash drawer, ‘Bank’, at the beginning of each shift (Where applicable).
- Collects customer cash payments and/or validations and maintains the security of all collected revenues.
- Makes a change and/or issues receipts or tickets to customers for each transaction.
- Operates cash registers (Where applicable).
- Quotes prices for parking services at the assigned facility.
- Empty trash receptacles, replace liners and perform various
cleaning duties throughout the parking facility.
- Gains and maintains knowledge of the major streets, landmarks, and freeways in the area to provide directions to customers.
- Accounts for all parking tickets/validations on daily cashier report.
- Resolves customer complaints independently or with the aid of a supervisor.
- Answers telephone (where applicable) in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Maintains cleanliness of booth and picks up trash in the surrounding area. Other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Conducts routine inventories to ensure proper stock of necessary work supplies is on hand. Notifies the supervisor as required.
- Compiles and records daily (shift) transactions for revenue, validation and/or other site-specific parking transactions. Deposits revenue is the secure vessel as prescribed.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Less than high school experience or up to six months related cashier or comparable customer service experience, or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to make a change in all denominations of U. S. currency. Ability to accomplish simple mathematical calculations in the performance of general duties including, but not limited to, counting vehicles, determining usage rates, assessing supplies inventories, etc.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must be able to write simple and coherent correspondence. Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients and other employees of the company; on the phone or in person.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to use a calculator, stand-alone credit card machine (where applicable) and to manipulate a keyboard (Computer).
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.*
These demands are as follows:
- Must be able to stand or sit for a period of at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to withstand working for long periods of time in varying elements of seasonal and inclement weather.
- Must be able to walk for distance (patrolling facility).
- Must be able to freely lift up to 25 pounds. (Facility equipment and supplies).
* Landmark Parking, Inc. will work within the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable State and Local laws to accommodate any and all employees with disabilities. We will make every attempt to provide a workplace environment conducive to an employee’s ability to perform his or her responsibilities without limitation or undue duress. It is the responsibility of the prospective applicant and all Landmark Parking, Inc. employees to make Human Resources aware of any disability or performance limiting constraints.