We are currently looking for a Manager, Human Resources to join our team.
As the most senior HR professional in our organization, the Manager, Human Resources will be a key leader for our teams who will drive strategic direction, facilitate building strong teams and support leaders to ensure Terracon remains a great place to work. This is a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a difference each day by utilizing both your proven HR operations and leadership skills. You will lead a small team of dedicated professionals to build and promote Terracon's culture by leading talent acquisition and retention activities, onboarding, compensation, and organizational development. You will also build and promote Terracon's culture by leading talent acquisition and retention activities, onboarding, compensation, and organizational development. You will also build and promote employee relations and employee engagement initiatives across the organization. Success in this role will depend on your authentic leadership skills, your ability to manage multiple projects, your ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment, and your creative problem-solving approach; all while always ensuring every aspect of Terracon's work is delivered with the highest regard to employee well-being and safety.
The Manager, Human Resources is a member of Terracon’s Management Team and reports to the Vice President, Finance. This permanent opportunity can be located at either one of our Calgary, Alberta or Fort McMurray, Alberta offices.
· Develop and lead all talent acquisition activities for our growing teams across Western Canada.
· Ensure all new employees are welcomed to the organization and properly set up for success.
· Coach and support leaders on how to build and maintain strong teams.
· Liaise with employees, field leadership, and senior leaders to ensure the needs of each group are being met.
· Promote Terracon's policies to ensure it remains a respectful place to work.
· Develop and implement that promote employee engagement and development.
· Lead corporate communication activities to promote and build Terracon’s culture.
· Collaborate with other leaders to develop, execute, and support the organization’s overall strategic direction.
· Lead and continue to develop a professional, service-oriented HR team.
· Support Terracon’s Indigenous Engagement & Awareness Policy and ensure our practices are aligned to support the policy.
· Office based environment, with regular visits to operating centers including mining operations across Alberta
- Post-Secondary education in Human Resources, Commerce, Industrial Psychology or a related field.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources designation preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in human resources, talent acquisition, and organizational development
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in the construction, engineering, mining, or a comparable industry preferred.
- Superior safety leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and provincial labor standards.
- Payroll experience considered an asset.
- Demonstrate an understanding and respect for the traditions, culture, and values of the indigenous communities in which we operate.