- Do you want to make a
difference in your community?
- Join our team, in our
vibrant and impressive office and warehouse.
- Full-time Permanent
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB
provides support to over 28,000 people weekly, this includes our partnerships
with approximately 80 community agencies.
We believe in helping to grow healthy communities together.
Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 4.4M lbs of food each
We provide a modern and inclusive office environment, with
excellent Skytrain accessibility and free parking. Our competitive benefit
plans for this position include: healthcare/dental/vision, 3 weeks accrued
vacation leave and a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan. Your birthday
and a personal day are additional paid days off.
The GVFB is a certified Living Wage Employer! This recognizes the
GVFB’s commitment to paying fair wages, upholding good work standards for our
employees and contributing to poverty reduction and a higher standard of living
in our community.
- Professional Growth – mentoring,
professional development courses and conferences.
- Financial Growth – competitive salary and
- Personal Growth – be part of a close and
supportive team with strong leadership.
The GVFB is searching for a talented and
professional Development Coordinator to join our dynamic development team. Your
duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore adaptability is vital for
Key aspects of this role include administrative duties related to fundraising and events, gaining firsthand experience in non-profit fundraising and relationship management, as well as donor and grant research and tracking.
- Provide general assistance for the Development Department and help to maintain organization, structure and efficiency;
- Provide a consistently high standard of donor service and care in responding to any donor questions or concerns;
- Provide support to a wide range of fundraising activities including direct mail, monthly giving, online fundraising, mid-level giving, employee giving, etc.;
- Become highly competent in the use of the Raisers Edge database;
- Record donor contact information, meeting results and outcomes in Raiser’s Edge;
- Support the development team with queries and exports from Raisers Edge ;
- Provide regular reports to the department ensuring timely and accurate information, including financial reports, program results and activity, donor base (new-to-file, attrition), solicitor activity, etc.;
- Become familiar with Luminate Online (online fundraising platform) and provide support and assistance, as required, for Virtual Food Drive and other online activities;
- Become familiar with Luminate email tools and assist to construct and send email communications;
- Undertake research on individual donors, foundations and organizations;
- Assist, as required, with gift processing and data entry;
- Be available to attend and support events as required;
- Introduce new ideas and initiatives into the role whilst taking ownership of work.
Personal attributes and core skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent
organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities;
- Proven ability to develop processes to
streamline, automate, and build efficiencies with technological tools;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain
internal and external relationships, work in a team environment, and build
- Sense of humour, honesty, compassion;
- A flexible and collaborative, proactive work
- Hands-on, adaptable, able to work effectively
in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and
customer relations skills;
- Self-starter, organized, and be able to work
with minimal direction;
- Ability to work well under time-sensitive
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and experience
- 2+ years’ experience in administrative work;
- 1+ years’ experience consistent with
fundraising and donor relations in a not-for-profit or charitable setting;
- Experience with fundraising software, Raiser's Edge preferred;
- Highly skilled in all aspects of Microsoft
We are actively recruiting for this
position and encourage you to apply now if you are keen on this opportunity!
Please submit your resume and cover letter in one PDF document.
A criminal record check for working with vulnerable
sectors is required upon hiring.
Only those applicants under consideration
will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. The
Greater Vancouver Food Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.