Food and Beverage General Manager – Save On Foods Memorial Centre (Eventium)
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development. We are currently recruiting for a Food and Beverage General Manager position to be based out of the Save on Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria.
A day in the life:
- Plan, direct and control multiple Food and Beverage operations of Save On Food Memorial Centre Arena (i.e., concessions, restaurant, catering and luxury suite food service; merchandise, event planning, etc.) to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Developing new concepts to increase existing revenue sources for concessions, premium service and catering outlets.
- Partner with the District Manager to plan and execute business development strategy for growth.
- Prepare Yearly Budgets.
- Excellent knowledge of adhering to industry Food and Labour Costs.
- Recruitment and development of new and existing managers.
- Interact daily with the client and client's customers and/or employees.
- Screens, hires, and trains new management staff.
- Participates on various committees and customer focus groups as needed.
- Prepares monthly status reports and other reports as requested by management or client.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, inventory control, catering contracts and sales reports
- Ensure excellent customer service, anticipating guests’ needs and proper food safety and sanitation
- Ongoing development of staff to ensure maximum sales and customer service
You own this if you have:
- 5+ years management experience is required
- Previous arena management experience an asset
- Excellent customer service skills
- A positive “can do” attitude with demonstrated creativity and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Profit & Loss accountability and solid financial acumen a must
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of POS systems is an asset
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Remote working temporarily due to Covid-19
- Awesome co-workers!
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position