At ICONA Resorts, we are looking for a highly skilled Recruiter to research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The ideal candidate will have prior experience recruitment and/or human resources, with knowledge of screening, interviewing, and hiring practices that align with ICONA’s culture.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; satisfying FTE quotas; and managing transfers and internship programs.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process. This process includes hiring J-1 Visa holding students, H-2B Visas, seasonal and full-time year-round.
- Collaborates with department and hiring managers to identify criteria for candidates and consistent job description across properties.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the needs of the organization, industry standards, and supports succession planning.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Updates and advertises the job postings and screens applications to select qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring materials.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers and interviewing applicants on a consistent set of qualifications.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Maintains a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, hired and fired employees, and other candidate relationships.
- Attends recruitment related events, which include networking events, community job fairs, college fairs, and similar events.
- Works parallel with the Human Resource department and provides support to the team in the necessary capacity.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture meeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior working knowledge of payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar applications.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law at a state and federal level.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in an office/hotel setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team members are regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty plus hours to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
There is less than 20% travel.
- A Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or related field is required.
- Five years of recruiting experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Experience with exempt and non-exempt recruiting experience in a full life-cycle environment, including management of multiple high-volume roles.
- Bilingual in Spanish is recommended – English is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team members for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.