The Banquet Server is responsible for performing food and drink serving duties at special events while interacting with guests in a positive, friendly and efficient manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the set up for events by putting out tablecloths, place settings and arranging table placement.
- Setup buffets with food presentation standards and practices in mind, ensuring safe food handling performance.
- Have complete knowledge of ICONA’s banquet menus and food preparation.
- Serve plated dinners to guests, carrying plates on food trays.
- Keep water glasses filled; remove each round of plates and replenish utensils.
- Maintain communication with banquet supervisor as well as other servers and event organizers.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guest’s behavior, count number of drinks served, and if the server feels they should not drive, offer a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of service.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture meetings.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
An event venue and commercial kitchen environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
- Prior banquet/catering experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.