Do you have a heart for those experiencing homelessness? Would you like to use your skills and
experience to help the most vulnerable? Then come join our team!
The Mustard Seed is seeking a Street Level Relief Worker who
will through enhanced visibility, relationship building, and community
engagement, strive to make the Centre Street Campus a safe and welcoming
environment for guests, donors and volunteers. The Street Level Worker will
provide an identifiable and visible presence within the Campus, that optimizes
safety, builds relationships, and values people.
Position Type: Casual
Reporting to: Street Level Supervisor
Location: Calgary Downtown
Number of Positions to Fill: 2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise building access to the 102 Support Centre, and coordinate the loading of the
afternoon shuttle bus service to the Foothills Campus;
- Monitor guest activities within the 102 Support Centre and
around the Campus buildings, providing crisis intervention as required;
- Provide an enhanced visible presence throughout the Campus, recognize
and respond to opportunities to optimize safety, and build community;
- Greet donors, receive donations and ensure donors are
treated with excellence and appreciation;
- Attend meetings and training as assigned;
- Keep all client information confidential;
- Other duties as assigned;
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma preferred;
- Front line experience in Security or Social Services
considered an asset;
- Customer service experience;
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population;
- Good relationship building and communication skills,
- Some knowledge of mental illness and addictions;
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer applications;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry;
- This position will require working inside and outside in
various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort,
including but not limited to, standing for long periods, walking, climbing
stairs, bending, lifting, and pushing donation carts.
- This position requires focused mental effort, including but
not limited to, adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a
computer, using two-way radio communications, perceiving, and quickly
responding to crises within and around the Centre Street Campus.
- Although The Mustard Seed is dedicated to monitoring the
circumstances surrounding the COVID 19 pandemic and the safety of our employees
is top priority; due to the nature of the position, our
frontline staff could be prone to risk
of contracting COVID-19 like any other front-line position.
- A minimum 1 COVID vaccination is required at the time of
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions
at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed
reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers
page to see more job opportunities.