Tejas Tubular Products in East Houston is seeking a Document Control Clerk for its plant located on Miller Rd 2. This position is responsible for activities involving document management, quality assurance and compliance within applicable regulatory and customer specific requirements. The company will provide extensive training for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Control of documents for the entire facility as per API (American Petroleum Institute) Q1 requirements
- Formalize SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) changes / revisions distributions and retrieval of obsolete documents
- Assist in organization of Nonconformance reports, QA reports, API correspondence etc.
- Review MTRs (Material Test Reports) for receiving material and ensure the material meets the requirements mentioned in the PO; notify any discrepancies noted to the QA manager
- Responsible for entering the chemistries of the green tube in the Tejas Tubular database
- Review of the shipping inspection documents and generate MTRs accordingly for the material shipped
- Work closely with the QA manager on QMS (Quality Management Systems) related activities and ensuring QMS compliance across the plant
- Ensure tractability of the steel from cradle to grave
Education and Experience
- High School graduate or better preferred
- 6 months of similar experience in a related or different industry preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Efficient Data Entry
- Effective Filing
- Data Auditing
- Computer Literate
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic Math & Algebra
- Recognizing Problems
- Detail Oriented and Organized
- Be able to follow directions
- Developing Methods & Practices
- Collecting, Recording, Evaluation, & Analyzing Data
- Clear & Professional Communication
- Comfortable Entering Manufacturing Area
Position requires being exposed to high temperatures depending on the season. The position also requires being exposed to noise levels ranging from moderate to high.
The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel. crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
Paid vacation and holidays, group Health/Dental coverage, life insurance, and AD&D, wellness day, FSA, and 401(k) plan
TEJAS TUBULAR PRODUCTS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled