Fortress Fence Products is dedicated to providing world class customer service and we have structured this position to enable you to help the company achieve this goal. Our Customer Service Associates service our customers to ensure quality customer service in a timely manner, answering phones, and making sure the department is doing everything it can to “Make it Happen” at all times. Above all, this candidate must embody and embrace the Fortress Core Values.
OUR CORE VALUES
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put the TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that like to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement - We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally receive and handle calls regarding customer service, product line inquiries, and purchase orders. Direct calls to the necessary recipients as appropriate; complaint resolution.
- Receive and handle incoming faxes and direct to necessary recipients.
- Process customer purchase orders received by fax and/or email.
- Create and send warehouse order acknowledgments to customers prior to shipment.
- Provide detailed product support to customers, distributors, and sales representatives.
- Provide residential quotes with freight charges.
- Maintain accurate customer information.
- Provide inside sales support for Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
- Process orders and deliver pick tickets to the warehouse.
- Assist in prepping shipments documentation for invoice processing.
- Assist sales staff and customers with order/invoice questions and shipment tracking.
- Assist management with other duties as assigned.
- Assist in all day-to-day tasks related to customer service and office administration.
- Process credits.
- Process RGAs or returns.
- Process freight claims for damaged shipments.
- Process reship orders due to a shipment problem.
- Process warranty orders and maintain a warranty file.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Some college is desired in a related field.
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training in a call center environment. Previous manufacturing customer service strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to speak effectively with individuals or groups of customers or employees.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited information is available.
- Basic mathematical skills including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages, draw and interpret bar graphs, and create basic formulas.
- Must be able to type at least 40 WPM.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software a plus.
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled