Don't want to miss out on a Beautiful Maine summer, but still want to make money? Well this is the job for you! Are you a highly motivated, hardworking, and reliable person who loves to work with people? Do you want to spend the summer working alongside a great group of colleagues, work on New England’s stunning coastline as well as at one of the most historic inns Maine has to offer? If you are driven to succeed in a demanding yet rewarding environment, then we would like to hear from you! Black Point Inn is now hiring for Hosts for our 2021 season. This position involves making reservations, seating guests, planing seating charts and assisting with floor management in the restaurant. This role will also field guest questions and assist in handling special requests. Our ideal candidate will maintain a professional appearance on the floor, can multi-task under pressure, will have the ability to work as a part of a team, and will have a warm and friendly attitude. We will train the right person! Candidates who can work the entirety of our season are preferred.
Location: Black Point Inn, Scarborough, ME
Hours: Part-time, flexible hours; ideal for anyone looking to work around their summer classes, sports agenda, or seasonal enjoyment
Compensation: $12 per hour + tips
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: No previous experience required, just a positive hardworking attitude!
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance and dressed according to property expectations.
· Understand the organization of the dining room, seating charts, reservation list and members of the service team
· Make sure menus are properly organized, neat, clean and reflect the standards of the restaurant.
· Have knowledge of names of and recognize repeat or frequent diners.
· Welcome all guests with warmth and enthusiasm and provide initial orientation to the dining experience as they wait for an available table or as you escort them to their table. Be sure that guests are kept comfortable and informed if a wait is required.
· Seat guests according to restaurant organization and seating policies, providing menus to each diner and clearly explaining restaurant specific generalities and special information for guests. Alert servers that guests have been seated at their tables.
· Assist service personnel with pouring water, clearing tables, resetting tables, providing dessert menus as needed.
· Keep host station/reception desk organized and restaurant entrance neat according to property expectations.
· Have knowledge of cash collection and change making system in restaurant.
· Say good-bye to guests as they depart – if notified of any issues, notify a supervisor or manager so they can be addressed.
· Be prepared to answer basic questions about the property, activities, etc., or know where to refer guests for answers.
· Work with other members of the Dining Room Team to ensure that guest’s need are continually met. Make restaurant management aware of any special needs so that notes can be made for future visits.
· Handle and communicate guest requests, special needs and guest complaints in a professional manner.
· Label and submit all lost and found items according to property procedures.
· Understand personal sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment and be aware of ways to prevent personal injury from improper reaching, lifting, stretching and carrying.
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 30 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group