Shop / Route Technician Trainee –Ontario
Georgian Bay Fire and Safety, a Fire Safety and Protection, LLC company, is one of Ontario’s largest life safety and property protection companies.
Our best technicians work with minimal supervision to carry out their daily duties with a high level of completion. They effectively plan and schedule their day for optimum productivity and high customer satisfaction. This role is expected to grow into a higher level upon mastering the position requirements.
Train with a more senior level technician to be able to:
· Completely service and inspect fire protection equipment including:
o Kitchen systems
o Hand portable fire extinguishers
o Emergency lights
o Fire hoses
o Other fire and security equipment
· Minimum 0-1 year of experience.
· Excellent administrative, organizational and computer skills.
· Good mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to adapt to changing needs and provide excellent customer service.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
· A valid motor vehicle license is required (Class 5) with annual abstract to maintain eligibility.
· Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
Georgian Bay offers a competitive compensation and benefits program.
Remuneration is based on level and experience and includes shared medical coverage, tuition reimbursement, vehicle usage and more.
About Georgian Bay Fire and Safety
With more than 60 fully stocked service vehicles dispatched from offices across the province we meet our customers needs effectively and efficiently. From fire extinguishers to the design, installation and maintenance of integrated fire alarm and security systems we have the in-house resources and capabilities to tackle any sized projects and deliver it on time and on budget. Although our business has grown to become one of Ontario's largest providers of fire alarm, fire suppression systems, sprinkler systems, security systems, access control and camera systems, we haven’t forgotten where we came from. Our employees are members of your community and we strive to maintain the personal service that our customers count on…. Today and tomorrow.
For more information regarding our company please visit our website: www.gbfire.com
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal Canadians.