POSITION SUMMARY: The Server Assistant (SA) is responsible for assisting servers in food & beverage service of all tables in a high volume, live entertainment, restaurant, and bar setting. SAs will continuously assist the Restaurant Server to enhance the guest experience; while anticipating any additional needs to help ensure each guest has a wonderful and unique visit to our venues. Duties include exceptional service to every guest in a professional manner. Transport materials/supplies and assist the Restaurant Server with beverage and food service in all areas, as well as maintain the cleanliness of all work areas and equipment.
*This is a tipped position with a standard hourly pay rate of $12.00 per hour. The pay-range of $30-$35 per hour is the combined hourly wage with an average of tip out per hour for current Server Assistants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist restaurant servers in tasks necessary to maintain their tables and assist their guests throughout the visit.
- Provide friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, and helpful service of food and beverage in accordance with established quality and time standards.
- All SAs should have complete knowledge of the food and bar menus, as well as a complete understanding of host and support staff procedures
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and set-up
- Assure tabletops and chairs are sanitized as well as floor area around them
- Understand and read a food or beverage order.
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g., proper temperature)
- Confirm that each order has appropriate preparation, plate/glassware, garnish, presentation, necessary serving utensils and is complete before taking it to a guest.
- Must say the name of food and beverages delivered to guests.
- Carry dishes from bars and tables to kitchen dish area
- Maintain a good rapport with the FOH & BOH management teams
- Inform management of any complaint, comments, or incidents
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members, and Management in both written and verbal form
- Respond to Guest inquiries and requests in a courteous, knowledgeable, and polite manner
- Maintain line of sight/atmosphere control by circulating through your work areas throughout shift
- Keep all tabletops, floors, and service areas clear/free of dirty glasses, and any unnecessary items throughout shift
- Keep service station and service equipment storage organized
- Ensure daily/nightly/weekly and opening/running/closing duties are completed
- Clean all spills and waste immediately. Sweep and mop as needed. Place all trash in proper receptacles
- Observe and anticipate guestâ€™s needs, deliver all items to the guests in a timely and accurate fashion. Must have the ability to manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
- Adhere to all departmental appearance and uniform standards while always maintaining professionalism
- Will follow all company and department policies and procedures, practices, and guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
IN ADDITION TO THE AFOREMENTIONED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, THE TABLE SERVER ASSISTANT WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Adherence to Policy
- Guest satisfaction
- Job skills knowledge
- Quality of work
- Working relationships
- Written and Verbal communication
WORKING KNOWLEDGE /EDUCATION/REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Adhere to and enforce company, local, state, and government specific regulations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, at present or in the future, for this position at all times.
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and/or move objects up to 50 pounds
- Work will include indoor and/or outdoor areas. Must have the ability to withstand high and low temperatures
- Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. access.
- Schedule could exceed 30 hours per week and may include overtime when approved by management
- Work varied shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to be exposed to daylife/nightlife environmental factors including but not limited to second-hand smoke, excessive noise, flashing/strobe lights, and stress levels related to interacting with guests in a fast-paced environment.
TC Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.