- Must have valid South Carolina Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must either already be certified by SLED or willing and able to become SLED certified.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
- Patrols specified area to maintain order, enforce regulations and ensure observance of applicable laws to provide a safe and secure environment for resort guests, visitors, and employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regular attendance
- The ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Wear a skid-resistant work shoe with good support
- Patrols parking areas, lobbies, corridors, and restrooms; confers with management; interviews guests and employees and interrogates persons to detect infringements; and investigates disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, and accidents.
- Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Warns or removes troublemakers and cautions careless persons.
- Obtains or provides assistance for accident victims and writes accident reports.
- Notifies staff of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Assists management and law enforcement personnel in emergency situations
- Follows all policies and procedures set forth by the Chief of Security.
Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- The employee is required to have a High School diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and/or present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, guests, local police and/or emergency agencies, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Minimum of four hours South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) training in legal issues including, but not limited to, search and seizure and laws regarding arrest.
- Training in the proper use of handcuffs and mace/pepper spray.
- Employee must follow South Carolina code of laws, title 40, chapter 18, as it relates to all SLED certified security officers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the regular duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste or smell.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works in outdoor weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.