About Us and Why We’re Hiring
We’re passionate about building an extraordinary business. We define an extraordinary business as one that knocks the socks off of the customers, the employees, the communities that we operate in, and the owners. We don’t sacrifice one stakeholder group over another. For 20 years we have rented and serviced dumpsters for residential and commercial customers working on residential remodeling and clean up projects. Google us and see!
Captain Hook is primed for growth, and we’re looking for the right talent and experience to help us get there.
Our primary requirement for joining our team is that you share our core values. We’re proud of the culture that we’re building. So if these core values resonate with you, then you’ll probably feel right at home.
We also have quantitative requirements. You must have VP Operations level experience or above and demonstrate that you’ve grown a company or 2 before.
Who You’d Be Working With
You will become a member of the Leadership Team. If you are familiar with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS), then you’ll understand this. If not, then read Traction and/or Get a Grip. They’re great books!
How You’ll Work at Captain Hook
Responsibility and Empowerment
You will be managing a team of Location Managers for multiple locations throughout Texas. As such you will have 100% of the authority as well as responsibility for each location’s smooth operation and profitability.
All of the locations will be within the state of Texas. This could necessitate travel up to 50% of the time.
Day in the Life
When things are running smoothly, we typically work 40 hours a week. There are rare occasions where external demands push us outside of normal business hours.
Up Your Game
We’re dedicated to helping you improve your craft. Would you like membership in the COO Alliance? Attend the Waste Expo each year? Some other conference(s) you’re interested in? We’re about that life, and will support you here.
Compensation will include significant equity earn-in over 3 to 4 years. Base salary range $100,000 - $150,000, plus quarterly bonuses tied to performance and overall profitability. We also offer health and dental insurance and cover 100% of employee’s premium.
If this sounds like your ideal environment, read on because now we want to talk about you. You will play an instrumental role in taking this company to the next level.
You, Our New Vice President of Operations
You’re an Operations leader with experience growing companies from <$1M to $10M or more. You know how to build high performance teams, and get the most from them, while developing them into future leaders. You’re systems oriented and know how to bring a visionary roadmap down to the ground. You are the rubber meeting the road.
You’ll help us pressure test and contribute to our current strategy and road map. And then get to work making it happen!
You’re our person if:
- You are a systematic and methodical leader.
- You appreciate the structure of predefined operating model (EOS)
- You develop processes and audit the people performing them for compliance and continuously improve them.
- You enjoy building and leading high performance teams
- You thrive in and contribute to a culture of accountability
- You enjoy executing a business plan
- You know your financials inside and out and understand the major levers of profitability including labor efficiency ratios.
- You can articulate the difference between leading and managing
- You are scrappy and can grow from scratch off of the profits you produce.
Captain Hook is an equal opportunity employer. We value diverse backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and abilities. Part of creating an exceptional business is creating an exceptional environment for all employees. All are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Apply using the link below by 11:59PM May 31st. Firm. It’s a real deadline.
- Include a cover letter in PDF format telling us:
- Why the position interests you and why you are a good fit
- What criteria you use when looking to join a new team or company
- A brief description of experience growing a company or companies
- Attach a resume in PDF format.