Health Maintenance Attendant, Estrella Home Health Care
- Assist as assigned with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
- Utilizes basic infection control measures such as hand washing and personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the task and assignment.
- Recognize and document changes in client condition and safety and report to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Follow the assignment sheet/service plan performing only tasks that are assigned.
- Document observations, activities and service provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ("PHI") necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Meets applicable health requirements to provide client services.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the workforce.
- Able to hear, speak, write and read in a manner understood by most people.
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to providing services of the client and use equipment required in providing service.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks to effectively deal with multiple changes based on client needs and schedule.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a residence or other living facilities.
- Work may involve frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials that require following safety precautions and using work practices that require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Able to travel from assignment to assignment within the geographic area served.
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport the patient.
- Medium physical activity that may require constant lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling over 50 lbs., and physically stretching, bending, stooping, twisting, standing, sitting, walking, reaching and climbing stairs.
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and assist with standing and walking.
- Able to constantly stand, bend, stoop, twist, stretch, squat, kneel, walk, climb stairs and reach freely.
- Able to grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs, or objects.
- Ability to visually and auditorially observe the client.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Rapidly Growing Home Health Care Agency seeks caring and attentive people for Home Health Care.
- Home health experience preferred, but not required.
ESTRELLA HOME HEALTH CARE INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled