**This is not an actual listing for an open position. The company will collect the applications/resumes received until there is an opening. Please do not call the company.
Starting Hourly Rate - $13/Hour
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5pm
Lead and supervise all packaging personnel for assigned packaging area.
- Responsible for all activities on the production packaging line.
- Responsible for the allocation of manpower on each production line.
- Responsible for training skills, documentation, and policies to all packaging line employees.
- Responsible for the organization of all efforts to package finished goods.
- Responsible for ensuring that line employees follow all company policies and procedures, safety methods, FIFO techniques, area cleanliness before, during, and after shift, and GMPs.
- Must work to minimize changeover time by having all materials staged for the next item on the schedule.
- At the end of shift submit all correctly completed documentation to the Production Supervisor.
- Ensure proper tooling is installed on machines when the changeover is done.
- Make sure proper film is threaded on the machines.
- Clean and properly store all changed machine parts.
- Set up the tape machine and inkjet printer for the next product.
- Make sure the correct product is lined up behind the hopper.
- Ensure the right labels are loaded on the machines.
- Make sure all equipment is turned off at the end of the day including tape machines and label applicators. Equipment left on at the end of the day poses a fire hazard and causes undue wear and tear on machines.
- Adhere to proper first in first out (FIFO) use techniques.
- Ensure that all packaging work areas are kept clean and employees perform required cleaning at end of the shift.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines and procedures
- Adhere to all food safety guidelines and procedures
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of all Louisiana Fish Fry regulatory agencies.
- Adhere to all Good Manufacturing Practices
- Perform all tasks as directed by direct supervisor or other management.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures created to ensure the production of high-quality food-safe products.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and possess the reading, writing, and arithmetic skills necessary to perform the position’s tasks. Must be able to score acceptably on the Louisiana Fish Fry aptitude battery. Must be available to work hours outside of normal schedule. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. for a constant 8 hour work day. All descriptions listed are only intended to describe the general nature of the position and do not qualify as any type of contract with Louisiana Fish Fry.
LOUISIANA FISH FRY PRODUCTS LTD is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled