Crescent Homes is seeking an
experienced estimator to join our growing team in Charleston, SC. The ideal
candidate will be knowledgeable about the construction industry including
construction cost, building codes, materials, products, methods and procedures.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to perform job cost
estimates, establish material list for plan/elevation/foundation type, and
perform ongoing budget management. The Estimator will also work closely with
our purchasing estimating, architecture, sales and construction departs to
assist in gathering necessary information related to each project. This position
presents an incredible opportunity with a locally owned and rapidly growing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimate cost of construction for
new and existing product, resulting in accurate job cost, via compiling
material and labor unit price takeoffs, bids from vendors, and performing
- Estimate cost of structural and
design related options.
- Develop structural option material
takeoffs, and contract pricing.
- Coordinate w/engineers and field
personal to incorporate value engineering concepts into the design and
construction of the homes
- Attend project manager meetings to
answer questions about takeoffs or engineering issues and prevent misuse
of materials and eliminate variances
- Walk houses under construction
looking for cost savings and material usage opportunities
- Enter option takeoffs and budgets
into the system.
- Assist with take offs and pricing
for custom options requested by Sales and design center staff
- Review and correct takeoffs
required by field contact, frame walks, and variance purchase orders
- Research and help eliminate all
material, trade contractor, and estimating related variances
- Continually challenge and validate
existing take offs to ensure variance objectives are met
- Maintain historical cost data
- Prepare analysis of cost impacts
based upon potential decision and or specification changed as needed.
- Prepare reports by collecting,
analyzing and summarizing information and trends and presents data as
- Conduct product/material research.
Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Qualified candidates will have
earned a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or
related discipline preferred.
- At least three (3) years of
construction estimation work experience is highly desired.
- A knowledge of materials, methods
and costs involved in the construction of residential single family homes
- Strong mathematical, analytical,
problem- solving and reporting skills needed.
- Proficiency in estimation and
budget development at all phases of a project with varying amounts of
available information is required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding
of construction drawings and blueprints required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced,
dynamic environment is imperative.
- Strong communication,
documentation and listening skills essential.
- Must be confident in ability to
communicate with subcontractors, work quickly, and generate accurate and
- An ability to multi-task and run
multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining thoroughness, accuracy,
- Strong knowledge of construction
budgeting and estimating software is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
as well as the ability to learn internal software applications is
Crescent Homes SC LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled