Title: Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Report to: Lead Partner, Emergency Services (in conjunction
with Executive Director)
Hours: 7AM-7PM (2), 11AM-11PM/3PM-3AM Rotating (1),
potential to extend
Nurses may be
required to precept new hires, do ambulance transport to sister facility, and
do charge nurse. Must be able to work every other weekend and every other
Function/General Purpose of Position
RN provides nursing care to patients in compliance with the Maryland Nurse
Practice Act, Standards of Practice and defined by ANA, ENA, BSBHS, and
organization protocols, policies, procedures and guidelines. Develops, implements,
evaluates and revises plan of care based on physical, psychosocial, spiritual,
and educational needs of the patient/family. Assesses patient for changes that
may hinder recovery.
with staff, physicians, and other disciplines to provide quality care delivery.
Maintains clinical knowledge and skills competency to facilitate patient care
in accordance with current standards of practice. Provides for a safe patient
accredited School of Nursing.
licensure with Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State, if resident of that
Minimum 2 years
Nursing Experience specific to Emergency Services or 3-5 years of other acute
care experience preferred.
ACLS within 6
months of hire
PALS and Hazmat
within one year of hire
Emergency Nursing Preferred
orientation according to policy/procedures
comprehensive physical assessment of patient’s clinical condition and
psychosocial needs inclusive of family needs. Subsequently develops plan of
care based on findings that comply with current nursing standards.
2. Implement plan of care safely and efficiently.
3. Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions, patient
outcomes, and revises planned care accordingly.
4. Collaborates with and assists staff, physicians, and
other health team personnel in the delivery of coordinated patient delivery.
5. Communicates relevant information to other members of
the health care team.
6. Aware of and works to attain (maintain) the quality
improvement standards of the unit.
7. Maintains clinical skill
8. Maintains electronic medical records to ensure
accurate communication and continuity of patient’s medical treatment and
nursing care. Utilizes effective interpersonal skills to provide professional
care delivery to patients of various ages and cultures.
9. Assesses patient’s physical and emotional response to
10. Assist patient/family in coping with patients’
11. Maintains frequent communication with patient/family
through hourly rounding and discussion of plan of care, pain assessment, and
duration of current phase of treatment.
12. Performs support functions
of ED Health Unit Coordinator and ED Technician (CNA), as needed.
13. Demonstrates the knowledge
and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients of
14. Demonstrates knowledge of
the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the
ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described
in departmental policies and procedures.
15. Provides patient care to neonates,
pediatrics, adolescents, adults, geriatrics.
16. Attends all mandatory in-services and required staff
17. Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance and
acquires sufficient information necessary to function effectively in assigned
health care setting.
cost-effective measure into practice.
19. Performs nursing care according to standards of care,
with hospital policy and procedure; and the mission.
20. Advances personal professional growth through
participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and
21. Demonstrates ability to function under supervision.
22. Assign patient care according to the nursing skill,
knowledge, and scope of practice of staff.
23. Facilitates the learning experience of nursing
students, staff and volunteers
24. Participates in orientation of new staff members.
25. Participates in Emergency Department Quality
26. Maintains competency in accordance with age specific
needs of the patient.
27. Maintain unit specific competencies.
28. Attends all mandatory in-services.
29. Attends at least 75% of the staff meetings. When
unable to attend, meeting PowerPoint presentations or minutes must be reviewed
and acknowledged 100% of the time.
accountability for education provided pertaining to policies, procedures,
patient safety, and environment of care issues.
31. Conducts oneself in a professional, compassionate, and
competent manner as to reflect the BSBHS mission.
32. Provides education to nursing staff based upon
Emergency Department Quality Initiatives, outcomes and implementation
33. Effectively functions in an effective team environment
positive work flow
positive customer satisfaction
34. Adheres to Standard Precautions/Isolation Protocol at
35. Adheres to rules, regulations, and policies.
1. Enhances professional growth
and development through participation in educational programs, current
literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
2. Performs other duties as assigned.
V. Working Conditions
performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human
blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to
exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices,
and learn the policies concerning infection control.
performing this job may be exposed to abusive and combative people.
Subject to long,
irregular hours, handles emergency/crisis situations.
unpleasant elements (accidents, injury illness, death).
Works in an
environment that may require decontamination of chemical, biological,
radioactive materials. Will utilize
appropriate First Receiver Training to manage these incidents.
Office Equipment Used
following equipment will be utilized: computer, printer, copier, telephone,
PYXIS, and other specialty equipment for the Emergency Department.
Level One Personnel is an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status
protected by law.