Job Title: Employment Services Specialist
Job Location: Gaithersburg
Hours: 40 hours
*It is required for the ESS to work late night (10 AM to 7 PM) one day in a week or every other week and one Saturday for 4 hours once a month or every other month*
Start Date: ASAP
Pay: $18-21 /hour
Duration: Contract to hire (permanent)
The Employment Service Specialist connects candidates to occupational skills training that will provide the skills needed to gain employment and is also responsible for reengaging those customers for job placement after training completion. Provides advice on career paths and development for Program’s customer base as well as facilitating knowledge regarding access to training grants. Facilitates Program Orientations and workshops as well as various administrative responsibilities and multiple roles throughout the Program.
- Counsels and assists Program’s customers regarding job search strategies, personal career advisement and training issues, identifying and working with barriers to employment, professional goal setting and planning.
- Identify outside resources, programs and other services for customers if needed
- Advises, monitors, and tracks participation for customers so that they maximize of the functions and opportunities of the program
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with customers, addresses customer concerns promptly with an action plan to ensure satisfaction, and documents all findings with case notes in a clear, concise, and timely manner
- Maintains knowledge/professional understanding of a vast array of occupations/career paths (for effective placement/processing and assessment of customers as well as determining services most appropriate for their career goals
- Provides motivational support to customers during the job search process
- Identifies training needs and ensures appropriate training
- Facilitates job readiness/search workshops
- Demonstrates strong strategies for re-engaging customers after training and finding employment for those customers
- Demonstrates effective use of the guidelines and standards of the Case Management Model to support the needs of the participants
- Successfully documents customer success stories internally and externally.
- Analyzes and constructs critiques of resumes/required documentation for effective processing for customer eligibility
- Administratively maintains accurate and complete records and correspondence as required by the Program Director and according to standards set by Customer
- Creates and maintains the policies and procedures for Career Advisement and assists in the training of other team members in those guidelines
- Works under direction of the Career Advisor Coordinator to facilitate timely completion of tasks to sustain daily operations and complete special projects, and assists program team members as necessary
- Produces word processing documents, including charts and tables.
- Proofreads and edits correspondence, memoranda, proposals, reports, and other requested documents.
- Maintains filing systems and performs other relevant duties as assigned by the Program Director
BA/BS psychology, marketing, business, human resources or related fields with two plus years relevant work experience
Experience working with career counseling consumers in a high volume work environment, particularly in a human services or workforce development or an equivalent combination.
- Strong communication and organization skills, computer skills, publishing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- The ability to relate well with individuals, ability to motivate, and possess experience in presenting workshops and working with individuals having one or more barriers to employment
- .A referral network with other human service agencies in the community and can provide intervention services as needed.
- Knowledge of various job search strategies, resources and actions plans.
- Ability to follow instructions well.
- Adaptable, flexible, and a fast learner.
- Creative and able to meet deadlines.
- Works well under pressure and goal oriented and works well within a team concept.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
- Familiarity with the communities being served, with knowledge and understanding of local needs and resources.
- Be able to work first shift and overtime if required.
- Travel when necessary.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.