ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Are you looking for a role where you will truly make a difference and contribute to a growing industry in Canada? ECO Canada is looking for performance-driven individual to join the team immediately. While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Adding new features to existing web applications (VB.Net and SQL Server)
- Writing clean, scalable code using .Net languages
- Working with SQL queries to produce data reports and for any data updates
- QA and user flow testing
- Contribute to project documentation (Process Flows, User guides, ER diagrams etc.)
- Test new software applications and logging the bugs
- Understanding integrated third-party systems and providing support
Qualifications and Education
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Engineering, IT or a related discipline
- Familiarity with web technologies (HTML, JS, CSS, ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL)
- Experience with Visual Studio and SQL Server tools
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as general computer skills including file management and data entry
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities
- Exceptional time-management, organizational skills, and high attention to detail
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
This is a temporary 8-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2022. If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible, and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.