Glenlyon Norfolk School (GNS) is an independent day school that is a caring and thriving community. As one of fifteen IB World Continuum schools in Canada offering three International Baccalaureate programs, GNS is proud of its unique 'IB Advantage': a 21st-Century education which educates the whole child and creates global thinkers.
At GNS, we are a strong community-minded team with a big heart and a strong work ethic. We are looking for like-minded individuals who will share our passion for preparing outstanding young men and women in making positive differences in the world. We currently seek qualified applicants for the following opportunity starting in September 2019:
MYP Science & Math Teacher
Regular, ongoing contract, up to 1.0FTE
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- plan and deliver the core program requirements for middle and senior school students
- collaboratively plan and deliver International Baccalaureate (IB) Units that incorporate the BC curriculum
- monitor and support student academic, co-curricular, and personal growth
- make an active contribution to our extensive co-curricular programs, and participate fully in the culture of our independent school community
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Eligible to hold a valid BC teaching certificate
- Experience teaching MYP Science & Math preferred
- Familiarity with, or knowledge teaching within, the BC curriculum
- Must be highly collegial and a collaborative team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues
- A strong aptitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for educating the whole student
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning
- Strong knowledge of inquiry-based and project-based learning approaches
- Demonstrated passion for innovation and creativity in education
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous professional growth and improvement
Glenlyon Norfolk School offers a comprehensive total compensation package and the opportunity to work with an exceptional community of professionals. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter indicating personal strengths and accomplishments by March 15, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.