Lexington Christian Academy is accepting applications for a Middle School Science Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The position is a full-time, 10-month position teaching multiple Middle School science classes to multiple grades. The most likely classes are Earth Science and Physical Science, but adjustments could be made based on a candidates specific skill set. Candidates for LCA teaching positions should be:
- Experts in their academic field
- Excited about teaching teenagers
- Happy and positive in their dealings with others
- Good listeners who desire to help students solve problems
- Respected and trusted by students and parents
- Known for setting high standards and coaching students to success
- Interested in joining a professional learning community that seeks excellence as a team
- A coach or mentor of a significant co-curricular activity
- EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s degree is preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Careful consideration will be given to applicants who have experience in curriculum planning and who have demonstrated excellence in teaching and inspiring young people. Candidates with a proven track record of leadership in curriculum and supervision will be given priority. Candidates must desire to collaborate with colleagues and be committed to supporting the entire school program, not only to teaching assigned classes.
- PROFICIENCY: The candidates we seek have a broad and deep knowledge of their subject area. In addition, candidates must be able to establish a framework in which learning can take place. They must relate well to young people and still set limits and expectations.
- SPIRITUAL MATURITY: Recognizing that LCA is strongly committed to the historic Christian faith, we expect that candidates will subscribe to the Academy’s Statement of Faith, Standards for Christian Living and be active participants in a Christian congregation.
LCA is a grade 6-12, independent college preparatory school that exists to educate young men and women in the arts and sciences in the context of a complete commitment to the Gospel of Jesus Christ by developing intellectual ability, nurturing spiritual and moral growth, encouraging creativity, and instilling a desire to serve God and others.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience and/or qualifications. Competitive benefits package is also available.