FT Sales Lead – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Sales Lead is responsible for delivering a world-class guest experience by effectively leading the team on the sales floor, providing in-the-moment coaching and feedback to deliver the store’s selling vision. This role is also responsible for driving sales and KPI results to meet goals, as well as building team engagement to improve the guest experience.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the selling vision and how this should be implemented on the sales floor.
- Show an understanding of effective zoning to deliver a consistent guest experience across the store.
- Work alongside the team to understand how we can streamline workflow to maximize the guest experience.
- Embody a guest-first mentality and instill this within the team.
- Role model excellent selling skills to set an expectation for the team.
- Handle guest issues in a calm and resilient manner, involving senior leadership as needed to always ensure we ‘make it right’
- Be an expert in wider store processes and procedures to provide support and guidance to the store teams.
- Provide team training on product knowledge to enable them to deliver the best guest experience.
- Provide in-the-moment coaching to support the team's performance and offer feedback on how they can improve to meet guest expectations.
- Regularly connect with the team on the sales floor to build rapport and gain a solid understanding of the people you lead.
- Identify ways to boost team engagement and share these with the leadership team.
- Highlight training needs across the team to allow this to be addressed with available resources.
- Escalate employee concerns and feedback to senior leadership.
- Oversee daily cash management functions including POS opening, closing and reconciliation in line with processes and procedures.
- Oversee daily opening and closing procedures.
- Own assigned areas of responsibility and make suggestions to more effectively streamline operations.
- Partner with operations and facilities teams to ensure store supplies are ordered and store standards are maintained throughout the day.
- Identify maintenance and repair needs across the sales floor and communicate this to appropriate partners.
What You Have
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory role within a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- Experience with cash handling procedures.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal ability.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to use commercial reporting to drive decision making.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of inventory and shrink mitigation shortage and investigation.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings, and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled