Rubicon Organics’ mission is to grow the best cannabis on Earth and for the Earth and today we are doing just that out of our state-of-the art greenhouse facility located in Delta, B.C. We are growing and expanding quickly while on our journey to achieving our vision to be the global brand leader in organic cannabis. This is an opportunity to take everything you have learned in your career and apply it within a fast paced, high growth company.
This position will be responsible for being a key part of the accounting team to deliver the month end close process, enabling timely and accurate reporting of our financial performance. This is a dynamic hands-on role requiring successful candidates to demonstrate critical thinking, dealing with ambiguity and the ability to succeed in fast-paced environments.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Accountant who wants to leave a tangible legacy:
· You drive to take on new challenges with the self-motivation to continue to develop and grow self and others
· You can lead a team in order to reach common goals
· You bring experience in finance and accounting with a view to constantly improves processes and outcomes
· Someone who is able to dive into the details yet also able take a step back to look at the bigger picture
· A person with an openness to both take and receive constructive feedback
· Wants to grow alongside the company and have fun along the way!
· Lead the monthly close process ensuring tasks are completed on time. Driving improvements and accelerating the close process.
· Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and Profit and Loss general ledger accounts
· Working with our Commercial Accountant, Sales and Supply Chain teams to ensure the correct recording of revenue
- Assist in the investigation of differences between revenue recorded and cash receipts
- Support our Accounts Payable team with producing reports and resolving issues to ensure expenditures are recorded accurately and timely payment of vendors is made
- Reviewing of Accounts Payable invoices (and assisting processing when required)
- Assist in the preparation of quarter and year-end filings
- Assist the preparation of EHT and WCB filings
- Review of journals to our general ledger and ensure sufficient support is filed
- Assist with requests from external auditors
- Carry out ad hoc financial analysis, reports and projects as required
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
· 3+ years in a full-cycle accounting role
· Experience leading a team
· Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and applications
· Excellent computer skills – advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel (Power Query, Power Pivots, advanced formulas)
· Ability to think critically and logically
· Attention to detail and commitment with a high degree of accuracy, including consistent, timely and objective output
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize, manage tasks, and meet deadlines
· Ability to travel depending on needs (ex. weekly or bi-weekly basis) to our Delta Greenhouse – it’s where the action happens.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position