The Air Quality Engineer will be involved in air permitting and compliance, air quality dispersion modeling, air quality measurements, and air quality training. This position will require travel and on-site placement at client sites.
- Conduct air emissions calculations
- Conduct state and federal regulatory applicability analyses for industrial processes
- Conduct air dispersion modeling
- Assist with state and federal regulatory compliance evaluations
- Assist with multiple air quality permitting and compliance projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations
- Prepare air permit applications
- Assist with the preparation of annual compliance reports
Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in engineering (biological, chemical, environmental, or mechanical engineering, or other engineering)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Possess the ability to coordinate and work effectively in a team setting
- EI or PE certification preferred
- Experience with conducting air quality dispersion modeling (AERMOD, ISC3, Screen3, etc.), a plus
- Flexible hybrid (work from home) scheduling options
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Comprehensive benefit program: health, dental, vision; Life/AD&D; voluntary plans
- 401(K) with discretionary profit-sharing contributions
Providence is an employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm, and our team of professional engineers and environmental specialists possess unparalleled credentials and decades of experience in solving complex environmental challenges. Providenceâ€™s focus is sustained by employing the best people to provide the highest quality services with innovation and integrity as we work closely with biologists, toxicologists, ecologists, geologists, and environmental regulatory specialists to offer an outstanding combination of talent and expertise for both governmental civil infrastructure and industrial development work.
Providence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Providence, including hiring, are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, parental status, veteran or disability status or any other protected status. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to work environments free of discrimination and harassment.
Providence Engineering and Environmental Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled